Monday, June 18, 2012

Tori singing a trio in the South Elementary talent show - she had so much fun and they all sang great!  Can you tell by their hairdos that they were trying to be Katniss from Hunger Games??

Tori and I got to go to Zion's National Park for her school field trip.  Holy cow, I hadn't been on a school bus in years!  Bumpy and hot but so fun to be with my sweet girl~

Tori's 5th grade class did a wax museum, and she chose to be Florence Nightingale.  Great role model!  I love reading about her.

Tess' 4th grade program.  She loves to sing!

Tori chilling with her friends in the bubble bath

I went with Derek to the SUU farm on a field trip, and I think I had more fun than the kids!  Someday I want to have my own petting zoo for kids! 

more farm

Derek found a cute little neighbor girl to play with....and then they moved!  He was ticked!

I am backpedaling here....It has been hard for me to blog this year, but summer is here!  Wahoo!  I finished my last education classes in May, and I will start a teaching internship in St. George August 10 - 7th grade science and health.  Needless to say, middle school is not necessarily the easiest place to start teaching, but I am way excited anyway!  I have been waiting for a long time for this, and I absolutely love the school (Fossil Ridge Intermediate School) that I will be teaching at.

Ok, anyway, I loved having the end of May off so I could spend some time with my beautiful kiddos.  I haven't been able to go on field trips with them in the past, so I love LOVED spending time with each of them.  I probably won't be able to in the future since I will be teaching during their school hours, so I just savored every second!  I am doing that this summer as well.  I haven't had a summer free from a job since before Devon was born, sooooo, I am loving being a Mom!!  The finances stink, but I love doing laundry, dishes, playing with the kids, and bossing them around trying to get them to get jobs done!  We have had fun gardening, playing with water balloons, and running up to the little lake on Leigh Hill.  Our favorite part of the summer so far was an 11-day trip up to visit family in Alberta!  My Mom hurt her back, so I decided last minute to run up and "take care" of her.  Well, if you know my Mom, that was not at all what happened!  She wouldn't stay down, stay put, or let anyone take care of her!  She was up working the whole time of course, but it was so fun to be with all of them!  We even got to help my Dad re-shingle the house that I lived in until I was 1-year-old.  I sure love my Torrie Family, and it was so great to see you all! I am going to start a new post and do some Canada pics :)