Monday, June 18, 2012

Trip to the Great Not-So-White North

I got up at 6 a.m. Monday morning and drove straight through to Grassy Lake, Alberta, Canada to visit my family.  I took the three youngest, and they were thankfully extremely good for the long car drive! Derek loved having access to a tramp again!  The Teens around here broke ours last summer :)

The girls were critter crazy!  They caught a gopher, a mouse, and a bush bunny!  They kept them in big buckets
and then released them once forced

Love this picture-I hope they realize how lucky they are to grow up with a sister!  I reinforce this concept daily! :)

captive gopher

free at last

Game Night at Grandma's always involves plenty of sugar!

Tess and Tor loved getting to know their girl cousins better.  Thanks for staying with us Brynn!

girls movie night

and breakfast buffet

and Nanton Candy Store!!  Yum!!  Thanks Uncle Dave!!  Too fun!




We had a Family Home Evening around the fire pit.  Gorgeous evening!

Tess and Brooklynn

Two of my fave sisters!

Dad - almost as good as the thinker pose

My sweet Mom and Dad - what would I do without these two saints in my life?!!  Love you so much!

Double rainbow with my cute prego sister, Whitney!  I am so glad I got to see her pregnant!  Way too cute!


The only close-up picture I got of my handsome brother, Luke!  Sorry bro, I know how much you loved this shot!

My Dad has these two donkeys - the kids absolutely love riding them!  Not too far to fall if you get bucked off



Getting advice from a good ol' cowboy- One of my best friend's Dads

Grandpa's new work horse

These are working hands!  The girls were up on the roof passing shingles to the men and did a terrific job!

A tornado touched down 20 miles from us while we were there!  Wild times - it was an amazing storm!

And.....drum roll please.....it's a girl !  Ok, no not mine!  We got to see my soon to be niece thanks to Doc Torrie

Sis Whit and Brother Ryan

We said farewell at Wal-Mart of all places : )


We made it up as far north as Edmonton where my brother Stan and his wife, Sh'Nell live.  I haven't been that far north since high school.  My darling nephew, Joel, got baptized.  It was so fun to see them and their home and their new little baby Spencer.  Well, he is 9 months old, but new to us!  Love you all~I also visited an old friend of mine from high school that I hadn't seen since we were probably 19 years old.  It was so great to catch up!  Thanks for the visit Kaylani!