Monday, March 22, 2010

Phoenix







Oh, I wish I was better at this!!! But once again I am trying to figure out the blogging thing. Ryan and I had a fun getaway this past week. Tuesday night, Ry's cousin, Troy, called and said they were headed to Phoenix, Arizona to watch some spring training major league baseball games and a Jazz game with his two brothers and their spouses, but one of them had to back out because his little 1-year-old was in the hospital with pneumonia. He asked if we'd be willing to hop in and use the hotel room, tickets, help with gas, etc. It was so tempting to go and soak up some sun. I get so impatient for spring this time of the year! Anyway, Dad Henrie, in his usual generous and kind sweetness, agreed to come down and tend the kids so we could go.

I absolutely love being able to go to new places. I love adventure and surprises, and traveling always seems to offer that. There were lots of highlights - 86 degrees when we pulled into the hotel, cool tall cactuses, playing Yahtzee with the ladies while the guys watched the BYU basketball game, sitting on the grass behind the outfield with our "grass seat" tickets, meeting new people, and learning from them about life in Phoenix, going to the Utah Jazz basketball game. You know, it didn't really matter to me that the Jazz lost. There seems to always be an energy when so many people get together - energized about something to look forward to and able to enjoy the same event all together. I loved being able to get to know Cameron and Jessica better too. They are the cutest couple, just married for about a year and a half and so in love and sweet to each other. We had fun mini golfing late that night. Oh, and can't forget Cheesecake Factory!! Yum!! I had the best white chocolate caramel macadamia nut cheesecake, oh my!!! HEAVENLY! It was really fun to spend some quiet time with Ryan too, talking and planning and remembering... I love him so much. It is also great to be home too. I love having a home to come back to. Not much else in this world compares to that feeling of "coming home." Love you all!