Friday, November 12, 2010

My Man Kazi

Tonight a sweet friend gave me a ticket to Kazimierz Brzozowski's (yeah, now you know why I call him Kazi!!)  Chopin concert.  I took Tori with me, and it was so fun!  My uncle and former piano teacher loved Chopin and had a painting of him on his wall.  He told me all about him and could play his music with fire and passion.  I only learned a few Chopin preludes as a teenager, and I think now it would take me years to learn about any of his music, but it brought back lots of fun memories of hearing my uncle play the same pieces. 

When I was about 5 years old, I remember sitting on the piano bench with my uncle.  He would play these amazing songs and let me sit on the very edge of the bench.  (These pieces require a lot of room)I would play random nonsense but felt like I was helping to create that gorgeous music.  Later, when I was probably 10 years old, I remember listening to him play in church and crying because it was so beautiful.  I am so grateful for the inspiration he was for me to take piano lessons and to try to play from the heart and bring alive the emotion of every song.

Anyway, Kazi is from Poland, like Chopin, and it was fun to hear his accent and his interpretation of the pieces - His fingers were lightning! 

~A sweet memory to share with Tor.~


(Totally a corny, staged picture, but it will work for tonight!)

P.S.  Happy Birthday Luke!!  We love ya oodles!!!