Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Grateful

Grateful that:

- The lady who is training me is an absolute sweetheart.  It has been another one of those times when I feel like I am blessed to be able to get to know someone.  She has been through so much.  Her first baby died the day after she was born, and then the doctors told her she would never be able to have more children.  So heartbreaking.  However, she did get pregnant a year later, and her second child is autistic.  She has had two miscarriages since then, and then was able to have two more children.  I really admire her.  She is a patient trainer and so fun to get to know.  I am blessed.

- Ryan has been so flexible helping with the youger ones this week.  Without Dev and Dal here, we have had to be creative as far as tending!  Ryan has helped a ton.

- I have incredible friends.  Their support and encouragement and help with the kids has been such a blessing.  Yesterday when I got off work, a friend invited Tori, Tess, and Derek to go swimming in their backyard, and by the time they got back I was done my Monday transcription.  Another friend took care of Derek while the girls were at volleyball.

- Derek woke me up yesterday at 3 a.m., and I couldn't fall back to sleep.  I was able to get up and do an extra day of catch-up dictation without feeling tired.

- The van started eventually, and I made it to work on time.  First it was clicking and the battery light turned on and it wouldn't start.  I kept trying and had to call Ryan.  I was afraid I was going to be late my first day.  Ryan was on his way to rescue me, but after a quick silent prayer it started.

-For the last 10 years I have been able to stay home with our kiddos.  Leaving them yesterday and then coming back home reminded me how much I love them, how much I love home, and how glad I am that I was able to stay home with them in those formative years.