Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Tuesday Treat

....I didn't get anything baked yesterday, but since I made playdough on Monday with the kids, and I LOVE this recipe, I am going to ask you to eat playdough this week.  It is moist, chewy, feels great on the tongue, and is very low carb, low fat, and you aren't tempted to take seconds.   :) 

It really is a fantastic playdough recipe.  I make it often, because it is so easy, the kids love helping and choosing what color to make, and it is more pliable and sticks together better than store bought playdough.  I double it for five kids, and it makes four balls of dough the size of the ones Derek is playing with there.

                                                                 Playdough

1/4 c. salt
1 c. flour
1 tsp. cream of tartar OR alum
1 c. water
1 T. oil

Cook over medium high heat stirring with a wooden spoon.  Turns into a ball of dough really quickly.  Knead in food coloring after letting cool for a minute.