Thursday, September 9, 2010

a few thoughts

Hi All of you Cute People,

*I left my camera up in Canada when we went up for my sister, Whitney's wedding.  DANG!!  Therefore, blogging has taken a hit!  Oh well, life happens.  It was SO fun to see her and Blake get married in the Cardston Temple and to see so many family members I haven't seen for years.  I am so happy for both of them!!  I will post pictures as soon as I can get my camera back.  Ryan and I also enjoyed a peaceful ride home and a night's stay in a hotel in Butte, Montana without kids, so that was a refreshing break with my sweetheart - I sure love that man~

*This past week I have watched little chunks of "Emma Smith:  My Story" each morning.  I finished it today, and it was so heartwrenching and inspiring at the same time.  I am so glad I watched it.  I believe she suffered every nightmare a wife/mother/woman could go through.  Just like when I read the book, The Hiding Place, this movie reminded me that any time I dare think about complaining, I need to REMEMBER the hardships that so many beautiful woman before me have suffered through without complaining! 

*Today I was speaking with one of the ladies I work with, and she shared with me that her first husband died in a car accident when she had four children under the age of 8.  She didn't complain either and voiced how grateful she was that she had her little kiddos to love and attend to so she didn't go crazy....Just another reminder for me to be grateful for the wonderful and sweet and kind husband that I have to enjoy every day.

*Last night I read on my friend, Candi Houston's, blog that she is pregnant!!  Yay Candi!!!  She is an incredibly brave lady that a friend of mine, Mari Burgess, and I wrote a song for called "Letter From Avery" after she lost her first baby at birth due to skeletal dysplasia.  She has been trying for I believe 3-4 years since then to conceive.  She knows it is really early in her pregnancy, but she is asking for any prayers to be sent her way.  I am SOOO excited for her and am crossing my fingers, toes, and whatever else I can think of.  I think a million more people are praying for her and willing and hoping for her to have a healthy baby.  Any prayers would be much appreciated for her!!

*Tonight as I was sitting at the football game, Dallin leaned his head on my shoulder and said, "Mom, if both of my legs got cut off and you were hurt, I'd crawl around the world if I had to to come help take care of you."  What a sweet moment with my little Dallin.  He has always been my protector.  He melted my heart and helped to take the stress out of my shoulders tonight.  I have about six hours of transcription to get done and not enough hours in the day to accomplish it.  I love you Dallin.  I know some day you'll understand how much you have meant to me in this life.  You do everything you humanly can to cheer me up, keep me laughing, and encourage me when I get down.  May the Lord bless you always little man.

Love and Hugs, Me