Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

Dev and Dall got up early and made a delish breakfast!  Thanks so much you guys!  Ry got me a dozen peach roses, and my two favorite treats- Swedish Fish and Lindor Truffles - MMMMMM - never had those for breakfast before, you've got to try it!!  I requested a picnic lunch, so since the weather was windy and cold we picnic'd in the basement on some blankets.  Great memories made!






Tess planted these for me with her activity day teacher, too sweet!





I got to accompany my dear friend, Mari, while she sang the song "She" by Cherie Call.  It is such a perfect Mother's Day song.  I always think of my saintly Mom when I hear it.  Here are the lyrics:


"She is not the picture on the magazine



She's the woman just behind you at the checkout stand


She may appear to be common but she mystifies


In all the ways the wisest men and children understand


'Cause she has eyes that sparkle with her love


And she has a smile that's as gentle as a dove


And no woman from a movie or an ad could ever hope to be


As beautiful as she






She is not a highly honored diplomat


Held responsible to lead the world to peace


But what she does is every bit as serious


Amidst the turmoil everywhere that will never cease


'Cause she has hands that wipe the tears away


And she has a voice that makes everything O.K.


And no woman from the papers or T.V. could ever hope to be


As indispensable as she






And it breaks my heart every time I see her wonder


If she means anything in this world that pulls her under


And she doesn't always see the way that Heaven smiles above her


That's the reason I try to always tell her that I love her






'Cause she may not be known for giving millions


To the charities and auctions on the news


But I believe she's given more than anyone


In all the times she's ever had to choose


To give up sleep to rock her children every night


And give her heart to always hold their dreams so tight


And the best that you or I could ever hope to be


Is as wonderful as she


And the best that you or I could ever hope to be


Is as wonderful as she"