Monday, May 9, 2011

The Snail's Path

So...I started school today.  This is what I saw on the sidewalk this rainy afternoon as I was leaving campus.  It represents how I feel - slow, might get stepped on, but I've got a tough outer shell and I'm on the right track.

I felt alive again is really how I felt.  These past nine months as I've spent four hours basically alone in the pharmacy compounding lab each day, I've painfully realized how much I miss people and need to work with them.  It was SOO renewing and refreshing to be learning again, meeting new people, discussing, and thinking!!!

I am so grateful for Ryan for being willing to let me do this.  I honestly feel like I'm finally headed to where I belong in the working world - education.  It is something I'm passionate about but really haven't done anything about for years.  Why didn't I stick with my original Biology Education major that I declared and got my associate's degree in 18 years ago??  (Holy cow, that dates me!!)  I honestly don't remember the real reason I switched to straight human biology - a major that left me graduating a bachelor's degree with no real job.  I should've done my education classes way back when, but believe me I'm more motivated now than I was back then.  I have such a strong desire to learn about the incredibly different ways that each child learns. 

I'm so excited!!