Thursday, October 28, 2010

A breath of fresh air

This past weekend was the deer hunt for the guys, fun time for the girls!  I took three days off work and invited my awesome sis-in-law Holly to come down with her kids to play!  Wow!  I had been craving some girl/sister conversation, and it was just so much dang fun to relax and get caught up with Holly and her adorable kids and mine too!  Holly bought the boys a cool wooden car and helicopter.  It was brain challenging to get them put together but way fun to get them painted!  Derek and Henry were so excited!  The girls carved pumpkins, made flower hair clips, created and performed some hilarious plays for our entertainment, and we all did some wild and free-spirited dancing.  :)


Henry and Holly painting

Savannah's jack-o-lantern masterpiece

And Malia's


Tess and her hand crafted hair flower



pumpkin guts

craft display table


Sunday night we went over to Panguitch to the Ranch House to have mutton and Dutch oven potatoes with the hunting crew.  It was so fun!  I look forward to that dinner every year.  It's refreshing to hear the guys' stories and see cousins and friends that we only see deer hunt weekend.  The Ranch was packed with about 50 people.  Everything was perfect!  Oh, I did take Holly and the kids for an oopsy detour!  There was this incredibly dense fog while we were driving up Cedar Canyon, and I got visiting with Holly and totally missed the turnoff to Panguitch Lake!!  Realized it when we reached the "Welcome to Duck Creek" sign!  Dang!  Another blonde moment!






Pops doing dishes

Uncle Dave getting his hair done by the young females

Dallin's tree creation with the leftover hair clips

A million thank you's to my angel sister, Holly!  She did the most thoughtful, timely, and perfectly charitable thing Monday morning.  While I was typing, she surprised me and slipped out to the grocery store and bought me pans and groceries for at least six freezer meals.   I caught her in the kitchen cooking with the kids.  She is such a blessing to me!  It has made my evenings this week so relaxing to already have dinner ready.  Thank you, thank you, thank you girl!!!
I will never forget it!