Friday, October 15, 2010

Storm






Love is in the air at our house.  A friend of Ry's called and was looking for a home for his cockatiel.  I was not so sure we needed another mouth to feed, but Charlie always stares in the toaster, oven, mirror, you name it, and chirps to his imaginary friend, his reflection.  We decided he might just love a cute little female friend.  Now, he's 3-1/2, and she is 10, what this means as far as romance, I'm not so sure :), but we are actually loving having "Storm" around.  She broke a wing at some point in her life, so she doesn't fly, doesn't bite, and is perfect for the kids to haul around.  Charlie has attitude, bites at most kids, and flies all over....a match made in heaven.

ok, I realize yesterday being grateful for hot chocolate probably sounded pretty shallow, but it was the best I could come up with.  Lame, I know!!  There was actually a great highlight this week.  It was Canadian Thanksgiving on Monday.  I love cooking/baking for family and friends, and I love sharing/celebrating a little bit of my Canadian heritage with my children.  I loved being in the kitchen baking pies.  Ryan cooked a killer turkey, and everything was so delicious.  The company was perfect, as we had our friends, the Bronsons over, our darling little neighbor girl, and a close friend of Devon's.  I meant to take lots of pictures, and of course I forgot.  I did get a couple of pictures of the girls helping me dig up potatoes from the garden for our feast.  We had to dig up every last one of them, and most of them were marble size, but they filled the pot and were delicious anyway! 

Grateful for:  Adoring husband, healthy children, the gospel of Christ, a healthy body, good jobs, warm and safe home/neighborhood, incredible friends, nurturing parents, this beautiful and welcoming city, electricity, modern technology that allows me to keep in touch with so many people so far from here, music~Much more, but for today that will have to do.  Time to get back to typing!  Hugs and love from my office chair to yours!