Saturday, May 15, 2010

Backblog #2 - Mother's Day

Well, I'm still behind, but a few words about Mother's Day.  I have an incredible birth mother.  She has sacrificed so much in this life to raise me and my eight siblings.  I cannot begin to tell you...She gave up everything for us.  She is my hero.  Every time I get in my complaining mode, I think about my Mom.  There is nothing that I have had to go through that she didn't go through at least twofold.  Here is a little clip of a letter I wrote her: 

"Thank you so much for teaching me the gospel. Today in primary I had to tell them my favorite songs, and as I thought about it I told them "Give Said the Little Stream" because you used to sing me that song when I was little. You taught me to give. Then I thought of the song, "Jesus Said Love Everyone."  You taught me to love all people. You sang to me "I Am A Child of God" and told me all about Heaven. You taught me that I was a precious daughter of God. You sang to me "The Golden Plates" and "Book of Mormon Stories." Through your love of the scriptures and the years that you taught me in seminary, I knew that you had a testimony of the living prophets and of all scripture. You taught me to love the word of God. You sacrificed so much to give birth to us 9 children, you loved us unconditionally, you fed us, you taught us everything you could think of to help us succeed in this life and enjoy Heaven in the next, you did our laundry, you came to our sporting events, you loved our friends and made them feel welcome in our home, you gave up everything for us. You taught me that motherhood was the noblest of all callings and planted in my heart the desire to be a Mom, the best that I could be."

I love you Mom!!!!!!  Thanks for serving a mission.  Thanks for serving me!!  I will forever treasure and be grateful for your example to me.




I have an incredible angel Mother-in-law (I hate that word, she is my Mom, that is only for clarification).  I wish I had a picture of her and I together, but I don't.  One of my first memories of Mom Henrie is when Ryan and I were dating.  She had cooked an absolutely out-of-this world Thanksgiving dinner for us.  Everything was picture perfect.  The food, the matching dishes, the invited guests, and the Henrie family.  As we went around the table and said what we were thankful for, she talked about her love for Jed.  She said that he was the "love of her life" and how grateful she was for him.  Her and Dad Henrie had the cutest relationship.  They did everything together.  They loved to go on dates and "getaways" together and just adored each other.  She taught me to cherish my husband.  She also taught me to cherish every moment.  She had lupus and was in severe pain most of the days of her adult life, but you wouldn't know it.  Whenever we would go visit her, she would ask all about us, our worries, our health concerns, our lives, and never talk about herself.  She devoted her life to healing others and forgetting about herself.  She had a beautiful gift of interior design and their home was always delightful to stay in, so tastefully decorated, and it always smelled so good!  There is so much more to say, but for now, I love and miss you Mom.  Thanks for watching over us from Heaven and thank you eternally for raising and giving me my sweetheart, Ryan. 





I have also had many adopted Moms like Christine Howard, Deanne Kunz, and Jeannie Henrie who have watched over me since I have been married and moved away from my other Moms.  
~I am so grateful for all of my Moms~

p.s.
Ryan kinda sorta forgot it was Mother's Day, but he made the most creative meal out of what he could find in the pantry/fridge/freezer:  beef roast, turkey stuffing, dehydrated hashbrowns with the cheese sauce from Kraft Mac and Cheese drizzled on top, steamed carrots, and wheat bread.  Ryan was embarrassed, but I was famished and didn't have to cook, so it actually tasted delicious to me!  Thanks so much Hon!!
My darling kiddos each made me homemade cards, the best kind in my opinion.

And lastly, my ever thoughtful Dad Henrie sent me a Mother's Day letter, and the last paragraph was relevant to ladies everywhere.  He said in effect, if you ever feel you're not strong, not kind enough, not good enough, recognize the source from where those thoughts are coming.  "The devil is just another man who doesn't know what the hell he is talking about." (direct Jed Henrie Quote :) )
Ha Ha.  Loved it!  Thanks so much Dad!  Love you tons!