Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Firsts

1.  Bright eyed and bushy tailed :  Ryan and I slept through the night for the first time in two weeks since he pinched a nerve in his neck!  Hallelujah he is starting to feel better! 

2.  Hike up Leigh Hill.  Since Ryan was so bright eyed and bushy tailed, we decided to go for an early morning walk.  We've never done that before together believe it or not.  As we were walking along the road, he sees this trail that goes up the face of Leigh Hill.  He told me we had to jog up it.  I looked at it and thought NO PROBLEM!  I might have made it half way up, then had to stop and pant and take a break.  By the time I got to the top I was lightheaded and had to sit down so I didn't pass out.  Nice and pathetic!!  For some people - Mount Everest.  For me the goal is to jog up Leigh Hill trail!

3.  "Cake Book Report"  - Dallin's teacher gave him this very creative assignment to make and decorate a cake about a book they read.  Dallin is reading Harry Potter - Chamber of Secrets and had left me a note on the fridge to bake a cake.  My dear musical genius friend, Mari, was over working on some music, and she noticed the note on the fridge.  She asked me what I had in mind - I said, "Nothing!"  I dread birthday parties and the likes!  In a minute she had a fabulous plan for Harry and the snake, a list of what to get, and the promise that she would come over to help us.  It was a blast, and thankfully Mari was there the whole time and ended up helping him finish up while I was teaching piano!  We could not have done it without you!!!Thank you so much Mari!! You are a creative cake decorator extraordinaire as well as a friend who went way beyond what I ever would or could have asked!!!!!