Saturday, May 15, 2010

~Sisters~

Some days I feel like Mowgli out of Jungle Book, but instead of a boy being raised by wolves who doesn't know how to be a boy, I was a girl raised by boys who doesn't know how to be a girl!  Being born in the middle of seven brothers, I'm a tomboy to say the least.  I'm not very good at girl things.  I have zero fashion sense; all I know how to put together is jeans and a T-shirt.  I am a terrible shopper; I experience buyer's remorse after anything I purchase.  I've never been to a spa and think I would feel VERY uncomfortable at one.  Now, I have to say, this had nothing to do with my mother.  She tried unceasingly to turn me into a lady!!  "Beckie, act like a lady!" she would plead, but I would smile and have belching contests and spaghetti-eating contests with my brothers, and never felt freer or happier than when I was on the back of the motorbike with one of them, with the wind whipping my hair and flying over our homemade jumps.

A month before I turned 15, my little sister Whitney graciously entered my life as a gift from the Heavens!
She is a doll!!  She's such an example to me, and I love her to absolute pieces!
When my brothers started to get married, I was overjoyed to gain some more sisters.  Then I married Ryan and gained three more beautiful sisters.  I am so grateful to all of these ladies for accepting me in my Mowgli form and being such kind friends to me.  This past week I got to see five of my sisters. 

I love you Holly
I really wish we could have had more time to get caught up, but it was so good to see you for a few minutes.  Thanks for all of your help with Ryan and his sore back.  Please always know how dear you are to me.  And sorry for stealing this picture off your FB :) ha ha.  It was just such a cute picture!

I love you Jodi. 
It is always so fun to see you.  Thanks for accepting me and loving me all these years.  You are down to earth, accepting, hardworking, and have a huge heart!
 
-Then I got to go up to Salt Lake to see three more of my sisters for a Girls Night Out.  I love you Tami, Raeghn, and Becky.  It was such a blast!  We went out to eat at Olive Garden and then stayed up until 4 a.m. playing Rook, eating Swedish fish, sharing our most embarrassing moments, and laughing until we cried.  It's a favorite memory ladies.  Love and miss you all!!!











Don't ask how we got on the foot thing, but we were measuring and photographing and laughing!  It's going to gross Ryan out - he doesn't do feet :).