Wednesday, May 5, 2010

What Next?

Sunday as I was sitting in church, a friend of our was sitting in front of us, and as I watched her interaction with her little 2-year-old boy, it touched my heart.  He would ask his mom to draw a big flower.  Then he would ask her which petal to color. 
She would point to a petal, he would color it, and then he would wait and ask, "What next?"  She would patiently point to another petal, and this would continue until the whole flower was colored.


As I listened over and over to him ask with those big eyes and cute smile, "What next?" It made me think about how I ask Heavenly Father, "What next?"  It is usually with a groan and sometimes with eyes rolling, like I had done that Sunday morning when it was snowing again.  I hope I can trust better like that little boy
did, be excited about what lies ahead, and never stop until I'm done coloring the whole picture!