Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Fresh Peach Pie

Ok, Tantalizing Tuesday has rolled around again, and before I dazzle you with my fabulous fresh peach pie recipe, I'm going to share another one of my bread failures.  Check out these beauties:
oops, let them rise tooooo long

Oops, let it bake too long!  MAD!!!  As I always am after I bake bread.  Why do I keep trying??I have to say that Ryan finds it all a little too amusing!
1?!?!!?!?!?!@#$(&!@#$()&$! %&(@

:)  Ok, I feel better now.

I didn't make this pie tonight, but I've made it before and I absolutely love it.  Quick and easy.  I want to try it with some summer berries like strawberries or blackberries.  I'll post some pictures if that turns out!

Fresh Peach Pie

1 Pillsbury pie crust
3/4 c. sugar
3 T. cornstarch
1 can peach nectar
2-3 T. lemon juice
3 pounds firm, ripe peaches, peeled and thickly sliced and chilled

In a saucepan combine sugar and cornstarch.  Gradaully add peach nectar and lemon juice.  Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened.  Refrigerate to chill thoroughly.  Arrange half of the sliced peaches in teh baked, cooled pie shell.  Pour half of the chilled glaze over the peaches.  Repeat with remaining peaches and glaze.  Chill pie at least 2 hours before eating.  Delicious!