Tuesday, June 29, 2010

True North

This past weekend, Ryan and I took a turbo fast trip to Alberta and back to measure my parents' house for new cabinets.  While they are on their mission, my brother is renovating their home.  I think they will praise his name forever for the hours of planning and work he has put into it!  It's going to be so fun!  We arrived in Great Falls, Montana Friday evening at around 4:30.  We got to spend some time with my little sis and her new fiance - Thanks for picking us up you two!!  We had a face stuffing contest at Golden Corral.

Whit and Blake - Love the height difference!  Blake is awesome, and it was a lot of fun getting to know him better!  He will be a fabulous addition to the fam!
We had a hard time finding gas in some random small towns, but the young lovebirds did find a ladder and of course had to climb on up and kiss on the tower.

We stopped at Milk River for a potty stop, but unfortunately the rest area was closed.  We did take some photos in front of our favorite famous T-rex friend for our kids....

The next morning my fabulous farmer brother Dave took us for a drive around the farm/ranch.  I do have to say that it has never looked so lush in all the years I have ever been alive.  Alberta has had record rainfalls this spring, and the rolling prairie is gorgeous!  These next pictures are mostly for you, Mom and Dad, so you can see your fat and happy cattle and beautiful grasslands~


new ponds and streams where they've never existed before

sassy cattle and oil rigs dot the land

They have had to use high hoes to dig new ditches to try and drain the water out of the fields so crops will be able to be planted.

more watah!
Little nephew Brayden; I loved his shirt


My darling niece, Brooklyn, love her to pieces!!

I would have had a million more pictures, but my camera battery died....We gratefully arrived home by Monday morning at 2 a.m. after a crazy Las Vegas shuttle bus drive and droopy eyes from St. George to Cedar.  I wouldn't have changed a thing, though.  Thanks Ryan and Tonya and Dave and Tami for your sweet hospitality!!  Thanks Luke and Becky for taking us back to the airport, and thanks Dad Henrie for tending all the kids while we were gone!!  It was such a blessing to be with family and to get to visit my Grandma in the hospital too....
Love you all.  Family is everything~