Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter 2010 (the guinea pig/bunny saga)

Well, as you can see from older posts, after Tori's birthday guinea pig, Jinger, died two days after it arrived, we got Peaches, another guinea pig, for her.  Much to my dismay, it died two weeks later.  Well, we decided we were done with guinea pigs, but the farm girl in me wanted a fuzzy mammal of some sort for my kids to be able to cuddle.  Dogs are out.  We don't have a fenced backyard, and I have tried to housetrain dogs before and about went crazy in the process.  It's worse than potty training a 2 year old!  it is not humanly possible for me to do.  Cats shed and scratch and claw up furniture and Ryan would shoot one on sight...So that led me to bunnies.........and what better time than Easter to surprise the girls with a cuddly little critter....As you can tell, Ryan was thrilled with my new idea!  He calls our basement Dr. Doolittle's Paradise.  I think now that we have a bird, a lizard, fish, and some mammals that we are good to go for a while at least :)