Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Too Little, Too Late

The other morning I was watching the weather segment on the news, and the anchorman said, "The precipitation is coming too little, too late."  Maybe I was on one that morning, but to be honest that line really ticked me off.  I thought, "That is what is wrong with society these days!"  But the more I have thought about it since then, I wondered if it just struck too close to home.  My attitude is often "too little, too late" instead of thank you so much, Lord, for sending me exactly what you knew I needed.  I pray that on my self-pitying and "wo is me" days, that I will just knock it off.  The Lord's timing is perfect, exactly on time, exactly as much as we need. 

When I came home from my nephew's funeral and walked in the door, that Easter lily above was sitting on my counter, along with a container of doughnuts and muffins.  Inside the fridge was a delicious carton of orange juice and a bag of grapes.  As I opened the sweet card next to the flowers, I found that one of my dearest friends on the planet had so thoughtfully done all of this for us.  I will always remember this.  It was perfect timing and exactly what we needed that night.  "Just right and on time"  I hope that I will recognize more often in my daily life that truly all of the answers to my prayers are just right and on time. 

Thanks so much to all of you, our friends.  You have thoughtfully e-mailed us, texted us, posted notes on Facebook, and taken the time to call and see how our family has been doing since the funeral.  You are all so good to us.  You are family, like it or not!  Love ya and nighty night.....zzzzzz....