Saturday, April 24, 2010

Kolob Canyon - who knew?



The weather was gorgeous today, and I was just ready to get OUT of the house!  I grew up where all I could see in most any direction was untamed land: sagebrush, cactus, and sand, and most of the time there was wind along with that.  I didn't realize how much I loved it all until I left it for city life.  But, it's in my blood and in my bones, and every chance I get to take the kids on an outing, I love to take them where they can be "wild and free"; free to explore, climb, and learn all about this fantastic earth we're on with all its little critters and creations.  A friend had told me about Kolob Canyon this week.  I didn't know it existed!  It took me 16 minutes to get there, and it is a Utah National Park.  This week you could get into any national park free, so I thought it was worth checking out.  We loved it!!  The weather was perfect, and of course the lizards were the kids' favorite part of it all.  I took way too many pictures, but I narrowed it down to these ones.....oh, and Devon and Dallin brought one of their best friends along.  He's a great kid!