Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Lessons of today

~Enjoy the thunder~
My brother Mel told me that since he got into photography it has been amazing how his perspective has changed.  Instead of wanting every day to be sunny, he loves storms and rain and snow because they lend to much more interesting and dramatic photography.  This morning after hearing the awesome thunder and rain pouring all night, instead of being ticked off that it wasn't going to be the lovely, sunny spring day I was hoping for, I walked outside and took a picture.  I'll never be a photographer like him, but just blogging has helped to change my perspective. 
~Dress up~
Why do kids like dressing up so much??  Maybe it's because they can become for a moment something/someone that they had always dreamed about being. 

For me, I believe it's healthy to step out of my comfort zone once in a while and try to be someone I never believed I could be but hope to be someday.  Don't stop believing!  Even in pink unicorns :).
Ok, the other lesson is that if you're a little boy with two big sisters, pink is going to chase you wherever you go!
~Never get too old for Monday night milkshakes~
Healthy is important, but dang it, you've just got to eat something because it tastes good once in a while!
~Grab EVERY opportunity you get to laugh!!~ 
And be grateful for friends who present the opportunity in the first place!!  (Thanks Baldwin Family!  :)  We love you guys!)