Thursday, April 22, 2010

Ugh

I started out the day wrong.  First sleep deprived and then trying to help Devon with his math homework at 7 a.m.  Poor kid.  I got so frustrated and impatient with him and then very frustrated and impatient with myself for being so frustrated and impatient...Ryan has had some sort of pinched nerve in his neck and hasn't been able to sleep much the past two nights.  I don't like the person I am when I can't control my terrible grumpiness when I'm tired. Sigh.  As I look around the house I see stacks of laundry and messes everywhere.  I'm hoping that if I crank the music and take a shower I can at least dig a trail to the washer so I can start to get caught up.  Here is my laundry room:
Lovely, eh?  I couldn't even fit the front half of the mess in the lens!

Last week I was talking to Ryan's cousin about blogs, and he said some of the things us women write about are so stupid and who would want to read them??  I told him it's a family history, a journal.  This is one of those posts, just for me, to document a bad morning!  They come, they go! 
On a positive note, this morning at 3 a.m. when Ryan couldn't sleep, we had a beautiful "pillow talk" as I call it, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.  I love those quiet moments when I can just talk to my sweetheart about life when nothing else in the world is there to interrupt.  I wouldn't trade it for sleep.