Monday, April 5, 2010

Tess's, Devon's, and Mom Henrie's birthdays

Devon's birthday was March 29, Mom Henrie's April 2, and Tess's April 4.   We have a tradition of taking our kids out to eat wherever they choose to on their birthdays, and now that Devon is too old and too smart, he chose Milt's Steakhouse.  Tess chose Maggie Moo's ice cream parlor.  It was really fun that Grandpa Henrie was here for both occasions.  He is a giant of a man and a wonderfully warm, kind, and generous part of our family.  As far as birthdays go, I also want to wish my Mom Henrie up in Heaven a great big Happy Birthday!  I know Mom, and she will be having a huge party!  She loved to have fun and celebrate life.  Whenever I think of her, I think of the vivid, vibrant colors of the rainbow.  She had such a gift to bring beautiful colors into every room, every garden, every person's life she visited with, and truly every situation in life that she found herself in, and that was a tremendous accomplishment considering all of the intense physical pain and circumstances that she suffered through  most of her life.  I will forever be grateful for her example of courage, her joy, her belief in true love and romance, and the compassion that radiated from her every day.I love you Mom, and I love you Devon, and I love you Tess, all so much!